We are going to create an extreme map of a country you choose. First of all, complete the following information:
NAME OF THE COUNTRY
Most important city
Most interesting extreme sports
- USE Glogster, Prezi or Power Point to create your poster. This tool allows you to include videos, audio, pictures and text. Log in with the user and password I gave you. Although I explained in class how to use it, here you are a tutorial for Glogster as well.
- - FIND photos / pictures on http://search.creativecommons.org/·
· Find a map of your country
· Introduce your country: name, capital, number of inhabitants, number of regions, main cities.
· Find two pictures of that country first inhabitants
· Write a short description. Who were them? Where did they live? What did they do?
· Find at least three pictures of its landscape
- Highest mountain. What’s its name? Where is it? How high is it?
- Longest river. What’s its name? How long is it?
- Largest lake. What’s its name? Where is it? How big is it?
What other features can you mention? Any volcanoes? Rainforests? Beaches?
· Find two photos representing some of the extreme sports you can do in the capital city.
- What extreme sports can you do there? What do they consist of?
FIVE ‘MUST-DO’S’ IN THAT COUNTRY
FIVE DO’S AND DON’TS FOR EXTREME SPORTS
Your poster must include vocabulary related to the topic and different grammar points:
- Present simple
- Comparatives and superlatives
- Past simple
- Have to or don’t have to
- Should or shouldn’t
ORAL PRESENTATION IN CLASS
Once you have finished, you will do an oral presentation in class. These are the criteria that we will use to evaluate your work. I will do it, you will evaluate yourself and you will evaluate your partner’s work as well.