From November 5th to 8th, 2009, there will be an open-knowledge event, Social Networking, organized by AVEALMEC and ARCALL, two LatinAmerican associations, one based in Venezuela and the other one in Argentina, interested in promoting the use of ICT in the language classroom. It will be completely online and free, and its aim is to encourage practioners to reflect the role of communities of practice as social networks in ELT.
Many of the best ESL/EFL teachers and ELT professionals from different parts of the world have been invited:
- George Siemens -Canada
- Etienne Wenger -U.S.A.
- Vance Stevens - United Arabic States
- Nik Peachey - United Kingdom
- Charalambos Vrasidas and Maria Solomou - Cyprus
- Nicky Hockly - Spain
- Erika Cruvinel and Ronaldo Lima -Brazil
- Rita Zeinstejer and Paula Ledesma -Argentina
- Nellie Müller Deustch -Israel
- Carla Arena -Brazil
- Graham Stanley -Spain
- Jennifer Verschoor, Evelyn Izquierdo and Erika Cruvinel -Argentina, Venezuela and Brazil.
I think it will be a great experience to have the opportunity to discuss about the concepts and theories around social networks, communities of practice, the Web 2.0, experiences in the classroom, as well as about the use, advantages and drawbacks of social networking tools.
DON'T MISS IT!